Therapeutic Arts Master Practitioner Program (TAMPs)
Therapeutic Arts Master Practitioner program is an extension of the Therapeutic Arts Practitioner Program. This program offers a deeper exploration of creativity, connecting you with your unique visual intelligence while building skill in the techniques of therapeutic arts. This advanced level dives into the application of therapeutic arts related to specific topic areas.
This program does not require approval by Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training.
Apply new techniques and modalities to your own life or when working with clients and community members. Knowledge from the program will aid in various professions, including arts-based education, body work, ministry and coaching, hospitals, nursing homes, community health centres, shelters, prisons, early childhood programs, and special schools.
NEXT PROGRAM RUNS:
LAST DAY TO APPLY: TBA
TAMPs will not certify you as an art therapist, but the program offers practical techniques to enrich your existing clinical or teaching practice or apply to your own creative process. TAMPs is an extension of the Therapeutic Arts Practitioner Program. You must complete TAPPs or an equivalent prior to taking TAMPs.
TAMPs is also available as a private team program.
- Understand and identify themes in clients’ artwork
- Recognize red flags in clients’ artwork and what to do
- Learn to create individualized techniques for clients
- Create activities, themes, and goals for client groups
- Understand when to refer a client to an art therapist
- Graduation from the TAPPs program
- Minimum age of 19 years
Module 5: Realigning relationships
FOUR x 3-HOUR CLASSES Enhance your knowledge of attachment relationships throughout the lifetime and the role of the therapeutic arts as a modality for deepening healthy attachments. *Recommended Reading: Attachment Informed Art Therapy. L. Proulx, 2017.
- Relationship with Self: The Foundation for Healthy Connection
- Looking Back to Move Forward: Attachment and Family of Origin
- Emotional Safety: The Much Needed Key
- Building Connection from the Inside-Out
Module 6: On the Spectrum
FOUR x 3-HOUR CLASSES
Explore the value of art experiences and creativity for neurodivergent clients.
- Understand autism spectrum disorder
- Develop an interactive art template for supporting the ASD client
- Incorporate therapeutic arts into Greenspan’s floor time model to focus on imaginative play, creativity and building initiative.
Module 7: Shifting the PTSD paradigm
FOUR x 3-HOUR CLASSES
Discover how arts-based and trauma-informed approaches informed by neuroscience may help your clients with PTSD or DTD restore a sense of emotional and psychological safety.
- Discuss trauma, triggers, and the Instinctual Trauma Response (ITR)
- Explore arts-based activities for PTSD, including combat-related PTSD and traumatized children
- Understand client post-traumatic growth and resiliency, and self-care for therapists
Studying with CiiAT is more than just an education,
it’s a personal journey within a supportive community.
Whether it’s through our small, intimate classes, or through our friendly administrative and technical support team, we strive to provide personalized help and attention.
“I have felt so supported in my educational learning and personal growth at CiiAT. I only wonder why I didn’t start this journey sooner.”
~ Tehani Burnett ~
Let's stay connected!
Sign up for our newsletter to get information about school updates, upcoming courses, and art therapy-related news sent directly to your inbox. All we need is your name and email.