Specialized Expressive Arts Training Program (SEAT)
Currently focusing on Eco-Art Therapy
In this professional development program, get hands-on experience exploring the unique and delicate connection between intermodal arts, healing, and nature while working with various client populations. Specialized Expressive Arts Training program focuses both on the exploration of various environments in therapeutic practice as well as eco-art therapy.
Whether you are working in a busy concrete city or in a wide expanse of rural nature, learn how to incorporate and structure sessions with the environment at the forefront.
This program has been approved by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training.
Cost: $3100 ($775/month for 4 months)*
Maximum Students: 6-12 per class
Offered to Private Groups or Organizations
Areas of focus will include:
The environment as an important therapeutic space;
How and when to incorporate nature and elements of the natural world into the studio and the therapeutic environment;
Various expressive arts- and nature-based clinical interventions for supporting clients and therapists of all ages by increasing insight, resolving trauma, reflection, creating meaningful ritual, and improving self-care.
NEXT PROGRAM RUNS:
BY REQUEST ONLY
PLEASE CLICK “INQUIRE NOW” TO BOOK
The Specialized Expressive Arts Training program is able to be offered a few different times throughout the year. We accept requests for courses year-round.
When applying, please indicate which season you would like to book this program.
- Apply expressive arts therapy interventions with various client populations
- Become familiar with the interconnection between humans and the physical environment, while focusing on moving from trauma to recovery
- Meaningfully reflect upon expressive art therapy experiences with clients
- Gain competence in environmental and nature-based techniques
- Explore therapeutic considerations for practice with various client populations through roleplay, reflection, and student-instructor interaction
Prospective applicants must submit or demonstrate:
- A completed copy of an application form (please inquire)
- Minimum age requirement of 19
- Paraprofessional experience in the field of education, health, or counselling, with a bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts or social sciences
- Minimum two years of experience in education completed in English
SEAT is designed for therapists, para-professionals in the fields of education, health, or counselling, and graduates of the Therapeutic Arts Practitioner Program.
Tuition Cost: $3100 ($775/month)*
*The total tuition cost for the Specialized Expressive Arts Training Program is $4000. There is a current tuition reduction of $900, thus lowering the total tuition cost to $3100.
Please contact us for more information on payment and available payment plans.
In this course, you will explore:
- an introduction to arts-based therapies with various client populations
- theories and methodologies exploring the use of environmental arts in therapy
- cultural concepts, world views, and practices regarding the connection between art, environment, nature, and people
- a focus on moving from duality to unity, and from trauma to recovery
- new skills and knowledge through case studies, role-play, and classroom demonstrations
Studying with CiiAT is more than just an education,
it’s a personal journey within a supportive community.
Whether it’s through our small, intimate classes, or through our friendly administrative and technical support team, we strive to provide personalized help and attention.
“Excellent school, excellent programs, excellent instructors. I recently completed Specialized Expressive Art Training with a focus on working outdoors. Loved it. If you are thinking about enrolling with CiiAT, do it!”
~ M. Desjardins ~
Let's stay connected!
Sign up for our newsletter to get information about school updates, upcoming courses, and art therapy-related news sent directly to your inbox. All we need is your name and email.