Attachment Informed Certification
ATTACHMENT INFORMED ART THERAPY CERTIFICATION (AIC)
Attachment theory provides a useful framework to inform all therapeutic practice. This course provides a comprehensive overview of an attachment-informed art therapy model with a focus on dyadic work with children and their caregivers as well as other parts of the life cycle.
AIC is open to all students and is ideal for art therapists, community-based artists, psychologists and anyone working in the human services field. No art experience required, although interest in the creative process is preferred.
Work with senior art therapists Lucille Proulx and Michelle Winkel in this rigorous experiential intensive leading to Attachment Informed Certification.
In this course, you will explore:
- the art therapy process as a vehicle for changing internal working models
- creating a secure base in the therapeutic relationship with clients
- formulating and processing relationship experiences
- transference and counter-transference
- working with different attachment styles or patterns, including insecure and conflicted
Interventions for symptoms such as feeding, sleeping and behaviour challenges in infants and young children will be explored through experiential, arts-based means.
You will learn and practice techniques for working directly with clients. Training includes enhancing your awareness of your own and your clients’ attachment experiences.
We will explore key theories that inform our art therapy model with infants, young children, and their caregivers. We will also explore assessment and arts-based intervention techniques, including Greenspan’s Functional Emotional Assessment Scale, which is useful for children with PDD.
- to become familiar with various theoretical approaches involved in psychotherapy and art psychotherapy
- to become informed on how various applications apply in order to understand artwork
- to choose appropriate theoretical approaches for therapeutic intervention
- to understand the history of art therapy
AIC is open to all students and is ideal for art therapists, community-based artists, psychologists, and anyone working in the human services field.
No art experience is required, although interest in the creative process is preferred.
Tuition Cost: $1095
Please contact us for more information on payment.
- Art supplies